The Federal Polytechnic Of Offa, Fedpoffa Higher National Diploma (HND) Admission form on full-time and part-time are now on sale for 2017/2018 Academic Seesion.
Update: Please note that the HND Part-Time programmes are primarily for the working class; who for reason of employment cannot attend regular HND programmes.
It is also important to note that Part-Time HND graduates are exempted from participating in the National Youth Service (NYSC) Scheme.
A. TWO YEAR HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
The under listed two (2) year Full-Time programmes leading to the award of Higher National Diploma are available in the Institution viz;
1. SCHOOL OF APPLIED SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
i. Computer Science
ii. Food Technology
iii. Science Laboratory Technology
a. Biology/Microbiology option
b. Chemistry/Biochemistry option
c. Physics with Electronics option
2. SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
ii. Banking & Finance
iii. Business Administration
3. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
i. Library and Information Science
ii. Mass Communication
iii. Office Technology and Management (OTM)
4. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
i. Computer Engineering Technology
ii Electrical & Electronics Engineering Technology:
a. Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering
b. Power and Machine Engineering
iii. Mechanical Engineering:
a. Manufacturing Engineering
b. Power and Plant Engineering
iv. Civil Engineering
5. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
i. Architectural Technology
ii. Building Technology
iii. Quantity Surveying
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR Higher National Diploma (HND)
The entry requirements for all Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes are as follow:
1. Candidates are required to Possess National Diploma (ND), National Innovative Diploma (NID) in their chosen programme at not a grade below LOWER CREDIT classification from a recognized/accredited Polytechnic, Monotechnic or Innovation Enterprise Institutions.
2. SSC, GCE O’level with at least five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language & Mathematics obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
3. The National Technical Certificate (NTC) or National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit level pass in a trade plus four relevant academic subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics.
4. Candidates are required to have at least one year post National Diploma Industrial Training experience.
However, candidates with pass grade at the ND/NID are eligible for consideration for admission provided they have minimum of two (2) years post Industrial Training experience.
Every applicant for the Polytechnic HND Programme who did not obtain his/her ND from the Federal Polytechnic Offa are required to forward a copy of his/her National Diploma Transcript to the Office of the Registrar.
For details on the entry requirements peculiar to each of Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes, candidate should visit this Polytechnic Portal www. fpo.edu.ng
B. HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA HND (PART-TIME)
The General entry requirement for HND (Part-Time) Programme are the same with the HND (Full-Time) Programmes. Every applicant for the Polytechnic HND Programmes who did not obtain his/her ND from the Federal Polytechnic Offa are required to forward a copy of his/her National Diploma Transcript to the Office of the Registrar.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply online for HND (FT), Pre-ND, Part-Time ND and HND programmes, candidates are to visit this Polytechnic portal:www.fpo.edu.ng, click on admission to fill application form, and thereafter make payment of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) Only for application form and N2,000 for screening registration) with an ATM card that is interswitch compatible.
Candidates are to also upload scanned copy of certificate (s)/result(s) and other required documents as stated online.
SCREENING FOR ADMISSIONS
All candidates will be duly informed of the screening date through either their phone and/or e-mail address.
CLOSURE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL PROGRAMMES:
4th August, 2017.
Please note that any false/wrong data entry will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate at any time so discovered.
All candidates are enjoined to visit this Polytechnic’s Portal www.fpo.edu.ng for appropriate entry requirements for programmes of their choice and other relevant information.