The Heriot-Watt University is pleased to offer PhD Scholarships focus on modelling ultra-low water usage sanitation systems. Scholarships will cover tuition fees and provide an annual stipend of approximately £14,500 for the 36-month duration of the project.
Heriot-Watt University is a public university based in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was established in 1821 as the world’s first mechanics’ institute and has campuses in the Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai, and Putrajaya in Malaysia.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: February 23, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The PhD study will focus on modelling ultra-low water usage sanitation systems. The work will focus on a combination of 1-D finite difference fluid flow modelling and 3-D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Solid Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH) to optimise design methodologies.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover tuition fees and provide an annual stipend of approximately £14,500 for the 36-month duration of the project.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants should have a first-class honours degree or a 2.1 honours degree plus Masters (or equivalent) in a relevant subject, e.g. Building Services Engineering, Civil Engineering, or other numerate disciplines. Candidates with qualifications in microbiology with a good engineering aptitude may also be considered. The scholarship will be awarded
- by competitive merit, taking into account the academic ability of the applicant.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Please also provide a written proposal, at least one side of A4, outlining how you would approach the research project. You will also be required to upload a CV, a copy of your degree certificate and relevant transcripts and one academic reference. You must also provide proof of your ability in the English language (if English is not your mother tongue or if you have not already studied for a degree that was taught in English). We require an IELTS certificate showing an overall score of at least 6.5 with no component scoring less than 6.0 or a TOEFL certificate with a minimum score of 90 points.
How to Apply:
Please complete our online application form. Please select PhD programme Construction within the application and include the project reference, title and supervisor on your application.